Ask Your Neighbor
Living in Wisconsin is a prideful feeling for most. We have the Green Bay Packers which is typically one of the first things that come to mind when you think of Wisconsin. If you go south to Milwaukee, you can find some amazing brewing companies and spectacular food in the urban scenery. When you head west to Madison you can experience the culture of State Street, witness amazing art in all forms, or see the State Capital. If you head back up north to Door County you can smell, taste, and see the colors of the seasons and the festivals that come with them. However, there is a lot of distance between each destination and with travel comes a higher risk of car troubles. You should always have a few basic items in your car in case of emergency.
- Check that your spare tire is filled with the appropriate amount of air.
- Always keep a flashlight in the car with some extra batteries.
- It is always a good idea to carry a basic First Aid Kit in the car
- Water & granola bars are the perfect non-perishable food item to keep in case you are stranded for a long period of time.
- Always make sure you have a blanket or a jacket in the car in case you were to breakdown in the winter. It’s not a bad idea to keep rainboots/snow boots in the trunk just in case you happen to be wearing the wrong type of shoes.
- Jumper Cables are always a great thing to carry in case your battery dies. Another option available is a battery charger. Investing in a battery charger can assist you when other people refuse to.
- Keeping an empty or semi full gas can is always a smart idea.
- Windshield Scraper- for those snowy Wisconsin days.
A little disclaimer to anyone that buys a used car- please check that the lug wrench fits to your tire! Speaking from experience you want to make sure your tires are full of air and that the trunk is stocked with the RIGHT equipment!
Taking road trips throughout Wisconsin is always a fun experience-there is so much to see. However, you do not want to ruin the trip with car troubles! Stop in at Kimps to stalk up on your automotive needs.